Thursday, June 25, 2009

Day Zero

I arrived into the world exactly at 9:00 a.m. on June 25, 2009.

0200: My Brother woke up and told my mother that I was about to come out. He held her hand for a few minutes then he went back to sleep. Seconds later, she felt her first real contraction. She stayed in bed timing five more contractions within thirty minutes. "I'm not ready for this," she thought as she walked into the hallway and reached for her empty suitcase on the top shelf of the linen closet. "He has no take-home outfit. The crib isn't ready. The car seat isn't assembled. We don't even have I better wake Frank."

My dad remained calm for my mother's sake. He called our neighbor Ken to watch Vaughn and made all the other arrangements for the day.

We arrived at the hospital at 5:30 a.m. and mom was already 6 cm dilated. The epidural went in at 7:30 a.m. but caused my mom's blood pressure to drop really low. They had to stop it immediately, and all relief wore off in an hour. Thirty minutes later, I wedged my way through and landed in the hands of the doctor.

I am six pounds, nine ounces and nineteen inches long. I have black hair and blue eyes (hopefully they'll remain blue). Look out world!

No comments:

Post a Comment